Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Offline Files Sync Issue. Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

macdiesel1

Technical User
Jan 22, 2009
US
At my company I have all user's Windows 7 Pro laptops setup with offline files that sync to user's shared folders on a file server. Today I migrated our physical Windows Server 2008 R2 file server to a Hyper-V virtual Machine. I used Disk2VHD to convert the physical disk to a virtual disk. I fired up the VM and when my laptop performed a sync I lost the new files that I had created in between the Disk2VHD conversion and booting up the new VM. Does anyone have an idea of how I can prevent this from happening Monday morning when everyone comes into the office and their laptops sync and lose any files that were created or changed over the weeked? I had this happen to me once already a few months ago. At that time it was from restoring our file server from an image backup. Does anyone know what is causing this and how to fix it? Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back