Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Offline Files on XP Pro SP1

Status
Not open for further replies.

crs4

MIS
Jun 10, 2002
US
Setup:
(1) Windows 2000 Server(logons, printers, file serving)
(3) Windows XP Pro laptops

One of my clients recently purchased several new Dell laptops and they are used to take to and from the different store locations. I have Offline Files setup to pull XLS/DOC, etc files over to the local drive. (The locations have a WAN connection but it's 56k and shared with Voice-Over-Frame at that) Not all of these PCs were doing this in particular, but one of them was dropping to offline mode for no apparent reason- still link on the NIC and showing ACT even. The other laptops are saying they are syncing but only a small portion of the files are actually showing up on the Offline Files. (I am aware that certain file types don't sync, and that's not the problem ;) )
Does anyone have a clue as to why this is happening?
They have since pulled files over to the hard drive permanently, and I want to avoid having that situation where the files don't get backed up easily. Anyway, thank you all in advance for any help you can give.
Also, this is happening at the main location with a 10BT LAN connection to the server.

CRS - Network Tech

"If you want to pass life, you can have one."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back