Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Offline files - Let MDB files be available offline too 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoemp

Programmer
Sep 25, 2002
BE
Hi,

is it possible to let the offline files system put mdb files available too when the user is offline. Someone at our company stores some data in a database, but he complains that his database is not available offline, so when he works home, he cannot use this DB, unless he puts it somewhere else where it's not backed up.

Thanks,

Steven

This is one way...

Change/create this reg key.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\NetCache]ExcludeExtentions=*.ost;test.txt;

*.mdb is disabled by default, by creating a empty key you accept all file extentions.

/ Br David

bcastner: Thanks for the tip, but I don't have time at this moment to create a domain with users and groups. I did take courses, but I lack the time to do it. In the future, I will certainly include this in a GPO.

Thanks,

Steven

Start, Run, gpedit.msc

You do not have to be in a Domain to use Group Policy settings.

Well, I changed the GPO locally and will have to do so for everyone. What I meant was that in the future I can include this as a domain GPO.

But it works for now and that's the most important thing I guess :)

Thanks to you all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back