Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OffLine Address Book Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgrinberg

MIS
Feb 4, 2004
US
Ok. I have a problem when Generating Offline address book.

Receive the following error message when you attempt to generate the Exchange offline Address Book (OAB):

An error occurred while generating the offline Address Book. To
view details, see the application event log in the Windows NT
Event Viewer on the offline Address Book server.

Microsoft Exchange Administrator
ID no. c1031662

The event viewer will log the following event:
Event ID 5004
Generation of the offline Address Book is complete. Result: An
error occurred.

Now Microsoft has about 6 articles on this problem and non of the articles has fixed my problem. Can anyone help me with this problem?
Thanks.

Permissions issue I believe. I would go with Microsoft Article 237866. I am sure you saw it but that seems to be the answer.

Yes I saw it and I did give everyone full control of the whole harddrive. Did not help.

How much free space on the hard drive they are trying to save the OAB to?

Huge, 25GB of Free Space. Offline address book is that big at all.

Do they have permissions to pull it out of Exchange. They will probably need permissions at the site level.

I'm trying to generate address book right from the Administrative Console and it fails. So its not a permission thing.

One of Microsofts Articles states to check permissions on Winnt/System32. Does anyone know what file name Offline Address book uses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back