Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OfficeXP delay retrieving most recent update

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredjonze

Technical User
Apr 9, 2001
US
Hi,
We're running SPS2003 on WinXP2003. The users have Office XP on Windows 2000. If a user checks out and edits a shared document (in a services site document libarary), checks it in, and then views it the previous version is displayed. If the user quits IE and returns, after checkin, the most recent version is displayed. It appears that IE must be caching the previous version of the document. The users say it takes about 5 minutes for the checked in document to be published to the portal, but this creates problems when a second user comes in and checks out the document before the latest revision is published.

This behavior does not happen with Office 2003...any changes are viewable and editable instantly. I've searched the web for any similar experiences with no luck.

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

I have run into the same issue with Office 2000. If anyone has come up with a solution. I would love to hear it.

-coremt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back