Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Officeserv 7200 with IP phones on WAN and SIP trunks

Status
Not open for further replies.

craig90

Technical User
Jul 7, 2010
AU
Hi All,

I have a customer that is about to install 20 IP phones on the end of a 10m/10m VPN. The Cisco router has 2 VLANs on the ports on the back, one is on subnet 10.10.10.0 and will be used for SIP trunks, the other three are all data VLANs on 192.168.0.0.

This is fine in itself, the Samsung uses the MCP for IP connection (programming) and IP connection of the IP phones, it uses the MGI for voice. I think the best way to be able to continue to configure the system via a pc is to place both the MGI and MCP into VLAN 2 (Voice) and do a static route for the PC to be able to reach the MCP. The way I'm thinking this will be done is to place two ports on our network switch into the voice VLAN and get the provider to give me another voice VLAN port on the cisco router to plug them into.

Now I don't know how this will be done as yet because the MCP cannot have a VLAN assigned to it (I don't think).

Additionally, we will then be putting SIP trunks on the router, these will come into the cisco router via the 10.10.10.0 address. Whats the best way of setting all this up? I have done this on an Avaya IPO many times, but the Avaya is Layer 3 and can route traffic to different subnets, the Samsung isn't so clever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back