Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Officeserv 7100 4.60b LCR Class of Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 24, 2012
US
A client has a 7100 with SIP Trunking and POTS trunks. They have a remote site connected via VPN supported by IP Phones. When 911 is dialed at the remote site, we want those stations to use the SIP trunks in order to outpulse the correct CID info for 911 dispatch.

The thing is, placing extentions into a different LCR Class of Service (MMC 310) has no effect on the route it takes through 3.1.4 Route Table. It always uses whatever trunk group is programmed next to Class No 1.

It's not specific to the hard IP Phones on site (it's happening right-bloody-now on my Softphone).

Documentation for 7000 series systems states that all the MMC's relevant to LCR are:
710 LCR Digit Table
711 LCR Time Table
712 LCR Route Table
713 LCR Modify Digit Table
310 LCR Class of Service
763 Second LCR

I was able to get ELCR to choose a different trunk group by making 6 an ELCR Digit in 724 Numbering Plan, but I just know that the client will not be happy about having to use a different "Call-out" digit at the other location. Trust me.

Much Obliged for your time.

In 3.1.2 could you not tell 911 calls to go via a different route table, then in that route table in 3.1.4 select the TG with the SIP trunks? (Usually 805)

Thanks for the reply, Cat.

The thing about routing it through the Digits Table is that it would route ALL 911 calls out a specific route. I'm trying to make one set of extentions call 911 through POTS, while another group dial out through SIP. :)

I'm not sure you'll be able to do that. you could use station/trunk access to set which extensions could access which lines, but that wouldn't be just for 911 calls.

Thanks for the pointer!

Before I saw your reply, I ended up using a combination of the 4.7 Class of Service entries with LCR classes to restrict what groups each CoS can dial out on. Working fine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back