Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OfficeJet D145, Carriage Jam Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

jal256

Technical User
Jul 14, 2004
US
It displays this message consistently 1 min 15 secs after turning it on. If you try to print before this time has elapsed (even just a few letters of text), it says it's printing but nothing happens.

The carriage itself moves across the width of the printer (and back) during initialization. Most of the time it
returns to the extreme right (home) position, but sometimes moves to the left 3"-4" after reaching home. In the latter case no carriage jam error is generated, but it still won't print.

I've tried cleaning the encoder strip - it's not perfect so it still may be a problem. I've also cleaned the guide rod which had a fine layer of ink over it, but as just mentioned, the carriage seems to have no problem gliding over it.

I'm hoping that a reset of the printer might help but I don't know how to do it on this model. If anyone can tell me how to do that, or has any other ideas as to the cause, I would be most grateful.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back