Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OfficeConnect Secure Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerflumper

IS-IT--Management
Mar 1, 2010
US
I've got a OfficeConnect Secure Router (3CR860-95) that is behaving oddly. There are no policies that allow any inbound traffic. However, a port scan on the public interface reveals several ports are being forwarded to a private server. The ports are active as well. I can RDP to the public interface and it connects me to the private Windows server.

Is there somewhere that is not obvious that these rules might exist? I intend to replace the unit, but in the meantime, I need to secure it.

Even more puzzling is that if I disable RDP on the Windows server, and attempt to connect via RDP to the public IP, I end up with a connection to a random desktop.

Is it covered in the documentation for the router? I would think that would be the obvious place to check...

....JIM....

RTFM wasn't really what I was hoping for. This is a very odd issue and I could not find an explanation in any of the usual places. I'm looking for someone with experience with this particular device that might give me some off-the-beaten-path advice.

3Com seems to have a lot of very odd issues these days!

Did you check for any firmware updates and release notes. Sometimes the release notes can provide clues, even if for previous releases.

I don't know how popular their routers are, but good luck.

....JIM....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back