Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office2003 Word, when pasting, windows installer always fires off??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sujump

IS-IT--Management
Jan 12, 2005
US
When using MS Word in Office 2003, everytime I try to paste something for anywhere on to the text window the "windows installer" always fires off and tries to install "Messeanger 5.0". Have to cancel it everytime to paste the text where I need it. Any idea what's causing this or how to get rid of this?

What add-ins do you have in Word? If any, I would try removing one at a time to see if problem disappears.

Member- AAAA Association Against Acronym Abusers

Nope, no luck. Looked to see what add-ins are there and its blank. Anymore ideas?

Thanks

Nope, sorry. May be someone else.

Member- AAAA Association Against Acronym Abusers

Ahh yes, the old I've done a simple right click and installer starts installing a random application.

So what you can try is...Install the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility ( Run the program and remove Messenger 5.0 from the list. Me thinks that should solve your problem. it won't uninstall the application, just remove the installer information that it trapped in the installer.

Wow that's a lot of installer words in there.

hope that helps.

Great, I think the Clean up Util work. I'll report back if it happens again.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back