Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office XP Reinstalls after Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

idrawstuff

Technical User
Feb 10, 2005
US
About a year ago, we had a 19 year old MCSE working for us, and he installed Office XP on seven workstations across the company. Recently we discovered that our Office XP installs were pirated, and we bought some Office 2003 licenses to correct the problem.

However, no matter what I try, Office XP reinstalls itself after reboot. I've tried removing it through the Office 2003 installation wizard, through the control panel, by running the Office Clean utility that came with Office 2003, using the Windows Install Cleanup Utility, and nothing works!

I'm by no means a computer pro, but I have the funny feeling something in my registry was either corrupted or manually changed by the shady MCSE to force it to take the cracked copy of Office XP. Any ideas on how I could proceed?

I got it.

The old IT guy had deployed Office XP on the server, which was sending Office XP "install-on-demand" shortcuts to our workstations every time we logged on to the network.

We've called in a professional to dismantle the installer. Thought I'd keep you guys posted in case this happens to anyone else.

he must deployed thru group policy, check that out, delete the policy and you should be ok!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back