Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

office xp error 1722

Status
Not open for further replies.

helsknight

IS-IT--Management
Nov 10, 2004
US
I'm not sure if this is a office xp or a security issue. I just create a new user (win2k server). Log on to an existing workstation and it the workstation complains about not finding a profile for the user. After logging on, I try to setup outlook for this user and as outlook installs, i get an 1722 error saying a previous install didn't complete sucessfully or there was a problem with previous installation. I log on as the domain administrator and get the same error message. I log on as the local administrator and office launches fine. I reinstall office with the same results. I can't find anything on microsoft kb or the web about this issue. I add the new user to the administrator's group for the local machine and still doesn't work properly. Anyone seen this before?

i'm having the same error every 15 mins in win2k.

I'm a user with limited access, and i'm having problems with a networked cad modeling package.

I don't know if this is causing my problem.

What I did was reinstall Windows 2000 pro and Office. It seem to work after that. Good luck kensai.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back