Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office XP Admin Install - SP's

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhscott

IS-IT--Management
Jan 7, 2004
US
Hi,

I currently have an Admin install of Office XP on our server. We have updated this with Office SP 1, 2, and 3.
I know to update the client machines we need to run the following command from each workstation.
msiexec /i (Office XP Admin path)\PRO.MSI REINSTALL=ALL REINSTALLMODE=vomus
I created a logon script to run this and it works fine.
The problem is, it runs the install every time they log in, even if it has already been installed.
Is there a way to have it check and see if the SP's have already been installed?
I know if you run the SP executable individually it comes back and says this SP has already been installed, is there a way to have the admin install do something similar?
Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Scott

If you make the install a group policy in a machine OU, then it will check to make sure its installed everytime the machine connects to the domain.

This is how we install all compatible apps (because when SP4 comes out I only apply this to the admin install and the machines get this next time they connect.)

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back