Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office SR1 Installation with /Q

Status
Not open for further replies.

TANKERx

MIS
Jul 19, 1999
GB
To use SMS to distribute Office's SR1, I cannot seem to use the /Q 'quiet mode' switch. Without it, SMS kicks off the installation without a problem but the user has to interact with the installation process. I really need to be able to use the /Q switch but whenever I do, to put it simply, nothing happens.

The problem is syntax related. We had the same problem with the SR2 release. Here is the way to perform the quiet instal without any user interation:<br>
<br>
sr2aof97.EXE /q /c:"sr2patch.exe /q"<br>
<br>
Give that a try using the SR1 release.

If I remember correctly, the readme file in both sr1 and sr2 would provide much help on this. Though quiet mode for sr1 should eliminate any kind of user intervention, I found that it still prompt user's reaction before it starts, no matter what. Unless there is something I don't know.<br>
<br>
Sr2 is a much better patch than sr1 in turns of installation process. It takes much shorter time to finish and quiet mode is really quiet, except that the users can still click on "cancel" botton to abort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back