Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office Setup - Avaya PBX w/ Audix 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPDCo

IS-IT--Management
Apr 19, 2024
US
Good afternoon,

I've been scouring these forums for months and months to try and find a solution for this, but I just can't figure it out. After wasting some money buying random parts on ebay, I figured I would make a post to see if I'm over complicating things.

I'll be as brief as possible; I'm a recently retired corporate lifer of 35 years and I'm starting my own little business. My best work memories were in the early to mid 90's and I would like to recreate that as I start this next venture.

All I want is an Avaya/Lucent/Merlin/Legend/Nortel PBX to use with an Audix Voicemail/AA. I would like to use AT&T Merlin BIS, Avaya 7400/8400 series phones, or Nortel Meridian phones. Whichever setup would be easier.

Thank you

The requirements would seem to point towards a Definity system (minus the Nortel Meridian sets). The Legend system can accommodate the BIS sets, but Audix voicemail...not sure about that.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

Merlin Magix and Legend can accommodate Audix, but it is just the Audix TUI user experience you are looking for, or is there a specific feature in Audix that you are wanting? Merlin Mail and Merlin Messaging are built with the Audix TUI.

Thanks for the responses! I would really prefer to have Audix, my rose-tinted specs are strong with this one. I have 2 standalone Audix towers: 1 MAP/5P 200mhz MMX with no hard drive and 1 MAP/40P with a hard drive, but no login.

Knowing that the Legend & Magix work with Audix, the Legend is the system to choose to utilize Merlin BIS sets.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

My question is then, how do I acquire a hard drive and software to configure my existing tower? Is this something I can purchase from an authorized Avaya refurbish dealer?

That could be tried. Maybe Google can pinpoint a specific vendor. I just don't know how common or available such hardware is at this point. [ponder]

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back