Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office reinstall error - invalid CD Key?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atchett

Programmer
Dec 7, 2000
Hello,

I have a problem with reinstalling Office 2000 on a Windows 2K Server whereby I am told that the CD Key is invalid even though I am typing it in correctly. I have even asked other people to type it in for my own piece of mind! I have also tried the installation on a test W2K Server and it works fine.

I have tried with the full Office Suite and also with just Outlook 2000 (different CD and Key, same problem)

The problem arose this morning whilst I was trying to configure some backup software to backup our mailboxes and Outlook stopped working (I hadn't actually changed anything and what I was doing worked yesterday!) I was on the phone to the Tech Support for the Backup software at the time and he suggested uninstalling and reinstalling Office. When I tried I got the above error.

I have run the Office Eraser Utli (after the uninstall) and this hasn't helped.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Many thanks,

JB

Just as an update, I have noticed that everytime I try to run the Office install it stops the print spooler service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back