Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations strongm on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office Pro 2000 word and Explorer Problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfrisch

Technical User
Dec 11, 2003
US
I installed MS Office Pro 2000 and the problem I'm having is when I go open a WORD file thru explorer the top blue bar and the bottom task bar start to blink. The file freezes up and I have to CAD the sys. and go to task manager to end out of MS word. It only happens in word and not my other programs. Any ideas besides reinstalling? I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks Ray

We've had this happen, too. Here's the information I have...

"On some systems there can be unwanted interaction between Microsoft Office and Norton Antivirus. This manifests as a malfunction in the "save as" and "print" commands in Word and Excel, resulting in a flashing title bar heralding the nonappearance of the expected dialogue. The cure is either to download the latest set of patches from Microsoft's Office Update site, or disable Office integration in Norton Antivirus."
source:
[Not sure, but I think the following pertains to XP]
"If you use Norton AntiVirus, uncheck the Office Plug-In in the "Misc." Options setting. I unchecked it and now no more flashing title bar..."
source:
Hope this is helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back