Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office Preparing to install everytime I install

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyl2003

Technical User
Jul 8, 2003
US
Hey, whenever I open word the dialog box saying "Preparing to install" shows up. Can anyone here assist me in getting this issue fixed ?

Need more info on your setup but in general it can be caused by incorrect permissions in the registry

alright, i'm running windows xp and using office xp professional with frontpage. I'm not sure if this info will help, but I also reinstalled xp over a previous installation, but it was a clean installation without removing previous apps. Hope you can help me out. Thanks

Having the same problem with a number of users, did you ever determine the cause?

I'm no whizz kid but I've struck this before on W2k installs when I've logged on as another user ( admin ) after installing Office 2000 on new laptops. OS seesm to see this as a new install and tries to complete for that user, ie in another user environment. Seems to come from the restart after install of the App.
Hope this sheds a clue on the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back