Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office Phone System that Supports Bluetooth Headsets

Status
Not open for further replies.

mini4YOU

Technical User
Mar 4, 2008
CA
I'm looking to deploy a PBX phone system for my medium office. Currently we have a MICS that I would like to upgrade.

We have Approx 30 phones.

Does anyone know of a system that is capable of supporting Bluetooth Headsets?

you could get the Plantronics cordless headsets that are Bluetooth, I don't know of a system that would allow existing Bluetooth devices to be connected to it, but I am not to up to date on all systems out there.
Does it have to be Bluetooth so you can use your existing ones or did I just imply that? DO you just need Cordless Headsets? Plantronics has good ones and Bluetooth is so restricted in the range that they have better ones that might be also better suited for your needs and they also work with most systems on the market depending on the type you purchase.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

I don't suffer from insanity
I enjoy every moment of it :)

I would like to see an office telephone with Bluetooth capability built-in. So people can pair their own headset.

ie: Nortel 1140e, does anyone know of any other ones?

The plantronics ones are okay.. We have some of them, they are expensive and ocassionaly the handset lifter will break off etc..

you can get them compatible with the phone so that it senses if the headset is turned on or off. AWH55 and Avaya 1616 for instance.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

I don't suffer from insanity
I enjoy every moment of it :)

Avaya has a DECT system with mobile phones supporting Bluetooth.

NEC has a DT330 or DT730 that has a bluetooth handset that has a 50m range. It is however a handset not a headset.

"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results." Sir Winston Churchill

I would go with a nortel bcm with IP1140 handsets. I have used them in the past with no issues. Handsets are expensive but if you offset that against the cost of traditional headsets it works out not so bad. As a plus there is a full migration path from the norstar to BCM.

We have some Jabra T5330 Bluetooth headsets on Nortel 1140 IP phones and have had a lot of trouble keeping them paired with the phones. If it is a single headset without another in the office it will work for a while and then need to be paired again. I had one office with 3 Bluetooth headsets in the same office and had trouble every day. I changd them out for Jabra GN9330 USB headsets and dont have any more trouble. Too many headaches for me to keep them going and the users dont seem to understand having to pair them again and again.

NEC UX5000 supports bluetooth headsets... Pretty neat actually.

The Alcatel OMNI PCX and their new IP phones have BT built right into them (IP Touch)

you can pair them up with a BT Headset or use their optional cordless BT receivers.

Solid system, great features, easy to maintain and reliable.

I forgot where I saw this but I saw an asterisk solution a while back that had bluetooth access points integrated into it. When bluetooth users walked out of the office, the bluetooth server would notify the pbx and then set the users call forwarding to out of office. when the user returned, call fwd was automatically turned off.

LG Nortel has PBX systems like ipLDK-100/300 or iPECS (USA: Vodavi StarPlus STS · Vodavi Telenium IP · Vodavi XTS IP where the keysets can have a Bluetooth headset adaptor installed.
In the US it is vertical that is the distributor:
Otherwise google LG-Nortel.com

///doktor

Siemens' OpenStage 60 phones have bluetooth capability.

new kx-tde/ncp panasonic dt-series with bletooth module supports bluetooth headsets

Dect is a better/newer alternative to bluetooth. You may want to check into that.

Avaya 9600 series phones can have a bluetooth adapter that makes it possible. That means either using Communication Manager or IP Office R6 to get these phones working.
Just read in the new IP Office manual that they have that so it was new to me too

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS (downgraded again)

insanity is just a state of mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back