Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office installer begins when one user selects another program's icon

Status
Not open for further replies.

triffe

Technical User
Jun 21, 2001
US
I recently installed Office 2000 on our Citrix server. We are running Metaframe XPe on a Windows 2000 server. When one of my users logs into Citrix and tries to go into a program that is not an Office suite program, the Office Installer begins and runs for about a minute. Nothing is being installed, but it just looks like it tries to begin the installation process for some reason. Finally the program they were trying to open will open up.

I can open up Word or Excel for this user without any problems & without the Office Installer beginning.

This user has local admin rights to this machine. I can log in as the administrator of this machine and not have any problems getting into the desired program. It only seems to happen for this one user.

Any ideas on what is causing this?

Hi,

I'm seeing this as well, if anyone has a cure, can you post a message here?

Cheers,
Carl.

Maybe using the latest version of the Windows installer (2.0) might help CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back