Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office in other city can't call central office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegnat

MIS
Apr 15, 2002
US
We have two offices in two different cities in the same state. One office can't call the other office at all. We want to have the office be able to dial our office by the ext. but right now they can't call us at all. We have a 61c they have an 11c. The other office can call one department in our office but not two other departments. Tenant service has been turned off.

So do I need to program two CDP's exactly the same on both switches or different? I'm new to CDP's.

Let's say the extensions on your 61C are all in the 6100's and your DID block is 987-654-6100 to 6199. Also, let's say the extensions on your 11C are in the 1100's and the DID block is 210-543-1100 to 1199.

On the 61C, you'd build a DMI that inserts 1210543 and an RLI that "points" to that DMI- both from LD 86. In LD 87, you'd built DSC 11 that "points" to the new RLI. This will give you 4-digit dialing from the 61C to the 11C.

Then, in the 11C, you'd build a DMI that inserts 1987654 and an RLI that "points" to this DMI. Then build DSC 61 that "points" to this RLI and you'll have 4-digit dialing from the 11C to the 61C.

Note that my example assumes long-distance dialing between the two sites. You won't need the leading '1' in the DMIs if it's a local call between the two cities.

Actually the calls are supposed to be going through a T1 line hooked up between two CSU DSU's. So its not supposed to be a long distance call.

I that case, you won't need to build the DMIs that insert digits. Just build the RLIs and "point" them to the route (T-1) that connects the two switches. Then "point" the DSCs to those RLIs. Also, if you have existing RLIs that were built to route calls between the two switches, check the FRL of your existing RLIs. Then check the NCOS of the user's phone's who can not dial to the other site. You may have their NCOSs set too low or the FRL too high.

Could you post an example of a correctly programmed RLI because It looks like its right on mine and I checked the FRL its set at 0 and the ncos is okay to

A "correct" RLI really depends on what features you're implementing, but if the FRL is 0, it doesn't sound like there's an issue with the RLI. For the RLI config, I'll use an examle. Assume ROUT 3 is the route for your trunks between the two switches and RLI 2 is used to "point" calls to those trunks. You're RLI could look something like...

RLI 2

ENTR 0
LTER NO
ROUT 3
TOD 0 ON 1 ON 2 ON 3 ON
4 ON 5 ON 6 ON 7 ON
CNV NO
EXP NO
FRL 0
DMI 0
FCI 0
FSNI 0
OHQ NO
CBQ NO

Go in to LD 87 and print your DSCs. Any DSCs built to route calls from one switch to the other should "point" to RLI 2 using the example above. Staying with my examples, a DSC could look something like...

DSC 61
FLEN 4
DSP LSC
RLI 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back