Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office 97 Professional upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred07

Technical User
Nov 15, 2003
US
Hi,

I want to upgrade Office 97 Professional to Office 2000 Professional. I see 2000 has an "upgrade" version or a "full/standard" version.

If I buy the upgrade, will it work on my office 97 pro? The 2000 upgrade says it will work for all office versions 4.0 or later??? Is my 97 Pro good for this upgrade?

The cost difference is substantial...I'm hoping I can just purchase the 2000 pro "upgrade"

Thanks

Whilst you would think it would be an easy find on the MS website - ?????

Had to go to a reseller to get the details:-

From that I would say that you are actually still eligible to upgrade to 2003, let alone any of the previous versions. If you really want to be sure that you have no problems then you could always call Microsoft.

You didn't mention whether your version was a bundled edition, so I don't know it that makes any difference.

Regards
Ken..............

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Office 4/4.5 was for Windows 3.xx/Windows for Workgroups. Office 95 was for Windows 95.

Office 2000 should upgrade your Office 97 quite nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back