Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OFFICE 365 STOPPED RUNNING-ALL APPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

LRB45

Programmer
Oct 5, 2005
US
Out of nowhere this morning office 365 will not run. Upon trying to open Excel I received the "Operating System is not presently configured to run this application" error. This same issue appears with all of the office apps

So far I have tried:

1-running repair from the control panel-both quick and online with no success

2-removing, restarting and reinstalling office 365 from a fresh download taken directly from MS

3-repeated step 2 using the default, 32-bit and 64-bit versions all with no change

4- tried starting apps in safe mode and they still will not start

5-cleared all office remnants from my C: program and Program files folders

6-deleted registry keys found in this link from the community
7-confirmed it is not set to run in compatibility mode under the app properties>Compatibility tab

8-Attempted to start from the .exe application within C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16 and get the same error

9-Downloaded offline ISO from MS Store and having the same issue.

10-performed a clean boot on the laptop, reinstalled office with no change

When I check in task manager the only service running related to MS Office is the Click to Run process. Even when attempting to start an Office app it never shows up in task manager under processes or details tab.

This is a Windows 10 PRO OS build 19043.1288 and all updates are installed according to Windows update as of having this issue. Office is version 16.0.14323

The error message is coming from Microsoft Office, and it is indicating that you have an issue with your installation of Microsoft Office that is blocking OnePager. Windows update? or try using another version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back