Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office 365- Spill A Table Column Into Another Tables Column

Status
Not open for further replies.

titanif

Technical User
Oct 26, 2023
IT
I know it's redundant data but it's my first primitive draft of a database schema & I need to get it to work somehow. I want to feed a tables column into another tables column. But Excel gives me a spill error & seems you cannot atm but I thought I'd try my luck here as there are some very clever people that know sweet tricks. I tired using HSTACK, but Excel is also wise to this & seems you cannot feed a spill to a table.

Doth any wise folk have any tricks up their sleeves?

Hi,

Often an example helps. In this instance, however, explaining the type of data in this particular column and why this data happens to be in two different tables, since you're talking about a "first primitive draft of a database schema." So as the designer and creator, you have some extraordinary prerogatives and cleverness has a cloudy crystal.

You might need a table join instead.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]
"The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible" A. Einstein

You Matter...
unless you multiply yourself by the speed of light squared, then...
You Energy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back