Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office 365 group calendar woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbaughma

IS-IT--Management
Staff member
Nov 21, 2003
US
So, we wish to move off of an old SharePoint 2010 site which has shared calendars, to Office 365 (where calendars can be viewed on mobile devices, something that doesn't work with Outlook Mobile).

I've created an Office 365 Group calendar, and yes, it shows up on Outlook Mobile. So far so good. Shows up under "All group Calendars" on Desktop Outlook 2016 as well, which is a good thing.

Now the fun begins....

I need to take all of the past calendar items (this will be several calendars, one company wide, the others per department) and get them into Office 365 calendars.

What I have tried so far:
o Switching to "List view" on the source calendar, copy/paste into O365 calendar. No joy.
o Exporting the original calendar as a PST and trying to import. nope.
o Exporting the original calendar as an iCAL file and importing. nope.
o Selecting items from the list view, right-clicking, doing a "Forward" to the group email (now, I thought this one would work... I received the email, WITH the calendar items... but it won't put them in the calendar. Just tries to save them to a .eml file!)
o Looking for a PowerShell script to make this work - no joy

I'm really at the end of my rope here. I really don't want to re-type several HUNDRED if not thousands of calendar events into multiple calendars.

Has anyone had any success migrating from a Sharepoint calendar to an O365 Group calendar?

TIA!

Just my $.02

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

Just to follow up, I found a macro that I could run that would allow me to migrate the events from the calendar to the Office 365 group calendar.

Just my $.02

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back