Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office 2013 Pro Plus and O365 Activation issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTGMI

Vendor
Jun 1, 2006
US
I am currently running Office 2013 Pro on both my main office WS and my Home Office WS.

We have O-365 Business Premium licenses which allow us to activate MS Office on (3+) devices for each license we have currently (10).

I had no issue activating O-2013 in the past year on either one when I did a WS replacement w/ WIN 10 Pro and clean O-2013 install.

I also had O-2013 loaded and activated on my Dell laptop. I replaced that laptop last weekend.

I logged into our O-365 Admin center and removed the old Dell laptop from my authorized or activated devices. Only the (2) work and home office WS show as activated - which is correct.

So I loaded O-2013 Pro Plus on my new laptop ... setup MAIL as O-365 with my login credentials and it connected properly and downloaded my Outlook data and it is receiving and updating properly.

The only issue is I can't add this laptop and activate the O-2013 installation.

I know Office 2013 hasn't been available as a download thru O-365 for a while now ... but I thought I could still activate it on my new Dell laptop as it was running successfully on my old Dell - activated ...

There has to be some workaround on this .... my head IT tech thought he had it figured out ... but it didn't fix the activation failure.

Could it be the PRO PLUS version ... maybe just loading the )-2103 Pro or standard will allow activation.

Thanks for your help!

Please be aware that Office 2013 and Office 365 are different products. Office 365 is currently equivalent to Office 2016 and will soon be equivalent to Office 2019. The fundamental difference is that Office 2013, 2016 & 2019 are static products whilst Office 365 is a subscription version that is regularly updated. You cannot install Office 365 and any of Office 2013, 2016 & 2019 on the same PC, though can install any one or more of Office 2013, 2016 & 2019 on the same PC.

With that background, perhaps you could clarify exactly what Office versions/editions you're using.

Cheers
Paul Edstein
[MS MVP - Word]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back