Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office 2013 Add individual features

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardy2k04

IS-IT--Management
Aug 20, 2014
US
i haven't been able to figure this one out... i have a 700 user environment, and all users get word, excel, and powerpoint 2013. Then, a few users will get access, and a few will get publisher, a few might need Lync, or OneNote, and a few will get multiple additional Office applications. I'm installing these after the fact using MSP files created with OCT, using a script like this:

msiexec /p C:\OfficeInstall\NJSPB_ACCESS.msp

So that works fine. Same with Publisher, etc. The problem is when a user runs the Access script, it uninstalls anything not selected to Run from this computer during the OCT setup, and the same with the publisher script. So say you install access, and it works fine, then you are one of the users who also needs publisher, and you go and install that....and poof, access is gone.

I need to be able to install these two application independently of each other. Is that possible, and if so how?

So far, i have found this article....
So i created the XML file (copied and pasted the text from the above link), called it accessinstall.xml, and stuck it in the root of the directory with all the install files in it. My Script copies the files down locally, then does the install, as follows:

start /wait C:\<setup directory path>\setup.exe /modify ProPlus /config C:\<setup directory path>\accessinstall.xml

The script runs, then i get a message that says "Setup cant find or validate an installation file. Please try reinstalling office from your installation source..."

I've been searching for 2 days and cant find anything helpful about this message. Any ideas? Tried running as administrator, re-creating and re-copying the install files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back