Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office 2010 closes slowly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2011
US
I have a user with a quad core 16 gig hp laptop with 64 bit windows 7 professional. It has an oem copy of Office 2010 on it. All of the functions work, but Word and Excel take roughly 2-3 minutes to close. It does not matter if there is a document open or not. The process does not consume any more memory or cpu and cpu usage never exceeds 3% on any core. Has anyone else seen this issue?

Jim Rapier
"Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy a big ass boat and you can sail right up to it." - Johnny Depp

I came across this in Office 2007 when there was no default printer declared in printers/faxes (the default was set to fax) on Win7 Pro 64-bit.

Beir bua agus beannacht!

Update: I have given the user domain admin rights as a test, and the slow closing issue has gone away. It appears to be some type of a roaming profile issue. I am currently looking into what could possible cause this.

Jim Rapier
"Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy a big ass boat and you can sail right up to it." - Johnny Depp

I believe I have resolved this issue. HP added a bunch of COM add-ins that were security/privacy add-ins. I removed the add-ins, repaired installation, deleted the normal.dot file and rebooted. The applications now close properly.

Jim Rapier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back