Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office 2007 installation can not associate ppt,doc,xls,pptx files with office 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

stergiosnik

Technical User
Sep 19, 2007
GR
Hello All.

I have a windows 7 PC with office 2003 installed.

Recently, I upgraded Office 2003 to Office 2007. But, after the installation I realized that the ppt,doc,xls,pptx and all the relevant files are not associated with Office 2007 applications.

I tried also in Windows 7 the manual association procedure with "open with" but for some reason when I select the Powerpnt.exe then it does not associate. It does not even appear in the "other programs section" to select it.

After this, I logged off and logged on as local administrator and I saw that the file associations are OK without problems.

I assumed that it must be a permission problem with the user's account.

The user account already belongs to the local administrators group but I changed ownership and provided full control to all C:\ drive for local administrators group, too.

I tried again but the problem was not solved. I am about to format the PC and reinstall everything.

Any ideas on how to resolve this file association problem with Office 2007?

Thank you in advance.

Stergios.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back