Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office 2007 contacts and calendar issues 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

frog40

Programmer
Oct 25, 2006
US
I am upgrading to Win7 from Vista. On the Vista pc, the Office 2007 contacts are listed in 3 separate category folders. It is a nuisance to remember which folder a particular name is located, and the system does not bring it up unless the correct folder is selected.

The calendar defaults to Day. Can I default it to come up immediately on the Month?

I would like to fix these issues in the Vista pc before I transfer them to the new Win7 pc, as I do not know if the upgrade to Win7 will fix it.

For your first question re the contacts: you should just be able to enter the name in the "search address book" box to the right of the address book icon in the tool bar and hit enter. If your contact folders are marked to be e-mail address books then all contacts will be searched, regardless of which folder they are in.

For your second question regarding the calendar: change the view to the Week view and then close Outlook using File ->Exit NOT the X in the upper right hand corner. Next time you open Outlook and go to the calendar the view should default to the Week.

Hope this helps.

Please help us help you. Read Tek-Tips posting polices before posting.
Canadian members check out Tek-Tips in Canada for socializing, networking, and anything non-technical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back