Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office 2007/2010 Version Angst

Status
Not open for further replies.

BikeToWork

Programmer
Jun 16, 2010
US
There is a networked Access database shared by some users with Office 2007 and others with Office 2010 installed on their computers. The database is set up in 2007 (whose accdb format opens natively in 2010). Unfortunately, if a 2010 user changes the design of an object, the database automatically inserts the Microsoft Excel 14.0 object library reference and removes the Excel 12.0 library reference. After this, when a 2007 user attempts to use the database the code freaks out because the Excel 12.0 reference is gone and the Excel 14.0 library is missing. Does anyone know of a workaround for this? Thank you in advance for any advice.

One workaround is to use late binding.

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Are you sure you have to use an Excel object. My Access project had same problem when accessed through Access 2003 and Access 2007 users; I was setting a reference to MS Excel Objects also. The project was opening different file types (stored in a folder) like Excel, pdf, word, and txt files for viewing. Found code that did not include Shell to Excel, and able to open for viewing all file types. Therefore, I removed the reference to Excel Objects without loss of functionality. Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back