Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office 2003\2007 Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upsdrvr

Technical User
Feb 15, 2007
US
Hello,

I work for a medium sized company. We have about 200 users on several different models of PC's. We use Ghost to image and deploy new machines.

I usually take a base Dell machine, install Office and several other applications, run Sysprep, and then take an image.

I have a problem w/ 1 of my images and I have yet to find a solution after much searching. On this particular image when a new user profile is created, and the user runs Office for the first time, Office opens and works fine, however a new Office profile doesn't get created for the user.

On my other images when the user opens an Office app the first time they get an installation window, the app installs under their profile, opens, and the user is prompted for their name an initials. On this particular image the Office apps run, but the install never occurs.

In most cases this isn't a big deal, except when 2 people try to open the same file on the network and 1 gets prompted that the file is in use by "Administrator" (the account Office was installed under.

I know I can manually change the user info under Tools->Options, but it would be better to have it work normally.

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back