Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office 2000 XL

Codar

Technical User
Aug 30, 2024
Started to have problems with Office 2000..... worked for many years since installation.

I use two sheets on XL, but the sheet numbers are missing at the bottom left, yet if I click 'Format sheets' sheet one will show up, to get to sheet two I have to click 'Format Sheet' again, if I click save that selected sheet will open up.

Reading about this on another thread here (which made me want to join) I followed the given instructions.... I checked the 'Horizontal scroll bar' and that is ticked in 'tool options'. I can't think of what has happend here. I would be grateful if anyone could help or try throw some light on whats happened here.

Thanks Dave.

Office 2000 is about 25 years old. Have you considered upgrading? If you (or someone else) opens the file in a later version does the problem still exist?

I’m not sure what you mean by “sheet numbers”. Are these the names on the tabs? Can you paste a screen shot in a reply?

Sorted....
Yes I meant the sheet numbers on the left hand bottom, they show sheet numbers, i.e Sheet 1, Sheet 2 and so on. I don't know but this is a encrypted folder (highlighted in green), when I tried to copy the file, one section of dates for May 2024 was all #####, this was only when copying. "'Gi mi the inside of a telly or transmitter I might help" but this stumped me, been at it three day's.

Applying what little thought I had now left I created a NEW XL file folder as opposed to deleting the contents and THEN re-copying the files, I was gobbed-smacked - it worked, funny thing is all the folder settings were the same when crossed checked between the now good folder and the faulty folder.

I did miss a wee bit of info which might have helped, I should have said by going into 'Format' and clicking 'Hide' the sheet I could litterally select page 1 or 2 by doing this I didn't say I was clicking Hide sheet, sorry.

I got to thank you for your time and willing to help, still be interested to hear what may have caused this, something along the way obviously gotten heywire.

Thanks and best wishes, Dave.

Yep, that is correct, they were just not there.... I have my task bar at the bottom I moved it just to see and still no joy, read somewhere that could have been the problem.

Dave

FYI: Do you know that anyone can access a free online stripped down version of Excel (or any other office app) from your browser?

I've been using such access for the past 8 or 10 years or so in my iPad, where I do most of my work, from the comfort of my EZ chair. The things that I cannot do there are advance features like Conditional Formatting, VBA, Named Range naming, Data Validation. I do those other advanced features on my 2019 Excel version on my desktop.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back