Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office 2000 /MsiInstaller warning event

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeee

MIS
May 5, 2001
US
After cloning (Ghost 7.0) a Dell 150 computer I come up with this error - which looks like an Office 2000 problem ?? The master clone has a full install of Windows 2000 pro and a full install of Office 2000 along with Novell Client 4.81, WinZip and a few other programs. This error only shows up when a new user is logged on the machine and not at the administrator level..
MsiInstaller Warning Event 1004

Detection of product
'{00000409-78E1-11D2-B60F-006097C998E7}', feature 'OfficeUserData', component '{C9AF9050-C8BE-11D1-9C67-0000F81F1B38}' failed

The funny thing is that everything in office seems to work fine. I do have an outlook problem also but don't think that the 2 problems are related - I'll addressed that problem in another message.

I have not cloned any machines and still got the error.

The error was caused by not copying the office assistant
to the user's proflie folder. Strangely, the assistant did show up on all users, but when I manually copied it to the profiles, the error disappeared.

I am not sure how this would be achieved using Ghost (never used the product), but thats basically what I did to solve the problem.

Check this link too, for other info in "event" errors (MS website is particularly unhelpful!):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back