Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office 2000 memory errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

hojoho

Technical User
Mar 8, 2003
US
I have ms office 2000 premium installed on compatible systems on a peer-topeer network with five computers. Office has been working fine for about a year and then one day one of the systems could not open or save a document in Word. It gave me an error saying there is not sufficent memory to save or open document, would like like to save a rescue document to disk. Then all the computers started reporting the same errors with word. So, I uninstalled office and tried to reinstall, but kept getting an internal systems error, please contact product support. I managed to get word reinstalled but now it just opens and closes before it gets fully loaded. Also, envelope icons keep reappearing on all the desktops even after we delete them off. It sounds to me like it may be a virus but i'm not sure. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Try opening Word using the /a switch and see if it opens correctly or not. If it opens correctly then it is probably the normal.dot file or some other add-in causing the problem.

The /a switch loads Word without any add-in or global template.

If you still have a problem then you have a bigger problem and a virus is possible. joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back