Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office 2000 default save paths in user profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strongone

IS-IT--Management
Mar 6, 2002
GB
Hi,

I have altered the MST file to change where Outlook saves PST and OST etc folders.

How do I do the same for 'save as' in Office. Bascially I want all points to point to say Y:\%username%.

Is a dummy profile possible and copy the NTuser.dat to all users. I am using roaming profiles.

Or do I use a Office template? If so how do I apply one?

Thanks for your help.

Hi
You could use the MS Profile Wizard which is included in the Office 2000 Resource Kit. That is IF you are running Office 2000. The Profile Wizard can be used either to create settings to be applied during installation or after. There is more information on Microsofts webb-site.
You could also try to configure all settings that you want and then copy the user profile for that user to the default user profile.
Good luck!

/Hof

Use the .ADM files that are copied to WINNT\INF as templates for a group policy or even a regular policy using POLEDIT. There you will be able to set the file location for all office apps.
Works GREAT! Cláudio Rodrigues
Microsoft MVP
Windows 2000/NT Server - Terminal Services

Hi,

I like the idea of using Poledit to set the Office default save paths.

Where do I put the .adm file for it to be picked up by the user on logon?

Thnaks again..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back