Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office 2000 AND Office XP small business edition 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

david145

Technical User
Apr 20, 2003
GB
Can any one please advise me. I have OfficeXP small business edition which does not include Powerpoint and Access. I have Office 2000 from a previous computer and would like to install both Power point and Access from this disc. Is it possible? I have tried and get to a stage where the 2000 disc wnats to "remove previous versions" and so I stopped the installation.

Any ideas?

Best regards

Dave

If you do, you may tend to run into some different issues as VBA tends to be interlinked between each of these different programs. Other than that, for the most part, I haven't really noticed that much difference between Office 2000, XP, and 2003. Going from Office 97 to Office 2000, there's a pretty significant difference on the technical side of things.

I don't know of what all the issues you may run into, but if you do install, be sure to follow the following steps.

Uninstall Office XP entirely.

Install the wanted programs from Office 2000 Pro

Install Office XP

NOTE: Be sure you do not load the same program from both versions as this tends to create a lot of issues for you.

Ronald R. Dodge, Jr.
Production Statistician
Master MOUS 2000
When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I have parts of Office 2000 Pro and all of OfficeXP/2002 on the same computer, so far no problems. I mostly use FrontPage 2000 and Word/Excel XP/2002.

Many thanks Berton. Which did you install first Office 2000 or Office XP?

Regards

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back