Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office 2000 & XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

smw

MIS
Feb 7, 2003
CA
Quite a simple one really...I am just trying to find out whether Office 2000 is compatible with XP or do you have to use Office XP?

Cheers,

S

XP is downward compatible, so you should be OK on all applications. Some people are nervous about Access, so have a look at this site for details on compatibility:

Also, check Microsoft's site here:

I am not sure what you mean by "...or do you have to use Office XP?"

If you have XP, then why do you need 2000 unless there is a compatibility issue.

It's funny that you bring this up.

I recently upgraded to Windows XP Pro and my Office 2000 is running better now than it did on Windows 2000!

I run Word 2000, Excel 2000, FrontPage 2000, and Outlook 2000 (with Word as text editor) and they all work flawlessly on XP. I have not updated it at all either, this is straight off of the Office 2000 Pro CD with no service packs. I am also a heavy Word auto-text user (we use it in Outlook to populate e-mail messages) and it's working great.

I do not use Access, though, so I can't make any claims about its compatibility. :)

Hudey
Customer Service/Technical Support
Bonzi Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back