Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Off Premise extension is dropping calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mannyisme

Technical User
Aug 23, 2005
US
I have an older Definity G3si Version 6 (Yes 6)and we have lines off site that go to our Hardware location. For the past month, when any one calls one of their DIDs, the call will last any where from 10 to 45 seconds and then You start to hear our Corporate Music then 3 tones and then you get dial tone and can dial anywhere which is pretty scary in regards to toll fraud. Any suggestions on why this is happening or how to fix it?

To cover what I did or checked already:
1. Had Qwest go out and check the circuit and they cut it off before it hit our Hardware location and the problem still existed so we know it is at our location here at corporate.

2. rewired every extension that was going off premise

3. Moved all the ports to new ones.

4. Checked all cors and COS.

I'm just stumped.

Any suggestions would be so helpful.
Thanks in advance

Have you done the "list usage extension ????". That would be a good start. I would also check and see if this may have a remote coverage path, or if it is call forward by using "status station".

Mike Jones
Louisiana State University Health Sciences center

Mike, you have helped me before, dont know if you remember or not, but guess what?! I just moved to Baton Rouge :) I got a job there with one of your member hospitals.

One of the othe other hospitals called me the other day having mojor problems and I worked with them for a while to try to help. From my conversation with them last week, "I REALLY hope you went there" LOL. I am in the state email system. Send me someting. I would like to find out more.

Mike Jones
Louisiana State University Health Sciences center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back