Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

off-pbx-telephone-station mapping - EC500 vs OPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpetilli

Technical User
May 17, 2011
US
I have a set of folks whose primary desk phones are h.323 and using dual registration on SIP. These folks are admins who have bridges of professionals and of eachother. I added their lines in the off-pbx-station mapping table as ec500. Seems like on internal calls the deskphones were receiving double calls and couldn't answer them. I changed ec500 to OPS and this seemed to have ceased. Is that the proper way to do this?

You should be putting their cell number for EC500 and their station extension to AAR for OPS for SIP.

Is that what you're doing?

It's what I discovered during this fire drill of all the executive assistants who went skitzo when I blew their line up. Changed to OPS and that fixed it. Wasn't sure if I saw in a document somewhere to use EC500, but thanks for confirming.

I'm not so sure how are you doing it but by default, SIP stations are created by SMGR and map it as OPS. If you wanted to enable EC500 to be enabled on those SIP stations, you need to have another entry for EC500, map it on the same extension with mobile number, trunk selection as ars and config set as what you have created.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back