Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Of recordsets and repating regions

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucipubl

Technical User
May 15, 2007
US
Hi all! I'm new to this forum and I promise not to inundate you with questions I should be able to figure out on my own - at least, I'll try not to!

In any case, I'm wondering if anyone has figured out a solution to this: I'm creating a database-driven website in DW that has 'posters' who submit 'project postings' for others to view and bid on. These posters have an account page and I'd like for them to be able to view ONLY the jobs they've posted themselves. Is there a way to create a recordset with repeating region based on this without SQL coding? Thanks!

well, not really, you'd need to create a filter which would probably be a link from the ID of the "poster" and an ID field in the "postings" table.

If you created your rs (which you'd need to do in any event) but added in an additional WHERE clause such as the rs that DW throws up.

SELECT * FROM postings where ID = "+MM_blahblah+" AND PosterID = "&{id of person who posted it}&

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back