Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

of javascripts apache and unix 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thief

Technical User
Apr 19, 2001
US
hi..

am fairly new with apache, so maybe this question might sound something silly to u... however after 2 days of beating round the bush i cant get to run java scripts with apache...maybe someone of u can help me out..

I have something like;
----------------------
<tbody>
<tr>

<td colspan="4">
<script src="globalheader/GlobalHeader.js"></script>

<script>drawGlobalMenu("globalheader/","");</script>

<script>rePosition();</script>
</td>

</tr>
----------------------

an i dont seem to get it this globalheader on my page...is it a problem with execution of java script or with apache??

thanks in advance for ur help

Thief................ ::)
(I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us .)

Hi

If the file exists in the specified directory, then Apache will send it and its role ends.

One possible problem related with Apache is the [tt]Content-type[/tt]. In your HTML code the script type is not defined and if Apache is set to send inadequate MIME, the browser may expect something else then JavaScript code.

Please check the HTTP communication between browser and server with LiveHTTPHeaders in Mozilla/FireFox or ieHTTPHeaders in Explorer to ensure the correct URL is requested and the file is sent.

Then check for JavaScript errors in your browser. And from this point will belong to forum216.

Feherke.

hi feherke.....

thanks for ur suggestion mate...

the problem is resolved....the funniest thing happening was the file existed as "GlobalHeader.js" and i was declaring it as "GlobalHeader.js", no mistakes here, after I changed the case with the file and with decalaration it worked !!!

now the file is "globalheader.js" and declared in the same way.

what i dont understand is why the case dint work with unix whereas it worked decently with windows.

Thief................ ::)
(I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us .)

Hi

Thief said:
why the case dint work with unix whereas it worked decently with windows
Because the file names in Unix are case sensitive while on Windows are case insensitive. And when Apache look for the file, it see what the operating system tells.

Further reading :

Feherke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back