Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

# of IP End Points on Release 11 Preferred Edition 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhashiManoel

IS-IT--Management
Nov 21, 2009
BR
Hello loved ones,
I use one Avaya IP500V1, VCM32 1 card. It runs on IPO Release 9, licensed with Preferred Edition, VMP, add 4. Currently granting 32 IP End Point licenses.
I'm planning on upgrading it to R11. Any of you know the total number of IP End Point licenses granted on IPO Release 11 Preferred Edition?

R11 doesn't give you any virtual endpoint licenses any more but I think when you upgrade they make them real IP endpoint licenses.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

Would I need to acquire one R11 Ess Ed Lic or could I go direct to R11 Preferred Ed Lic?

If you apply the correct procedure (entering the R9 machine with a R11.x Manager and generate the xml migration file) as soon you will process the "quote" in the A1S portal all the existing virtual licenses are automatically converted into real ones, it means that he VCM32v1 card will give you 12 additional Avaya IP Endpoint licenses.

@ IamaSherpa>> I assume that if I use one VCM 64 card, Avaya will grant me 24 additional Avaya IP Endpoints then :) Right?

derfloh is right there is no direct upgrade with the xml file as it cannot be taken from it.

It is a long time that I was involved in an upgrade from IP500V1 to IP500V2 but there was a way to send in the config and then Avaya honoured the licensing and created it just like on a "real" upgrade staying within an IP500V2 chassis

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

Another thing to keep in mind, if you are going to 11.1 and using the Windows based voicemail pro you would need to move to the Linux version.

-----------------------------------

4771494_orig.jpg

Business Phone Systems in Canada

ACSS,AIPS

The IPO500V1 can only go to 9.0 so you'd need to get a V2. You'd also need to exchange the smartcard with the licences for an SD card. 11.0 uses PLDS licences so you may need to upgrade from ADI. You should be able find out more if you search here.

Any virtual licences become 'real' licences.

@ derfloh >> Yeah I lknow that. Thank you so much for your wise concern. What I also wanted to know in advance is about how VCM64 would behave in one IP500V2 chassis. Would it load 64 + 24 IP Endpoint Licenses to the system?

VCM 32 or 64 just came with 12 virtual endpoints licences. This is just V1 and not V2 which are cheaper.

You should order a new system (IP500v2, VCMv2 or Combo-Card, SD-Card, Licenses for Essential and Preferred) and get a discount for the package.
This will be cheaper than buying all the part individual at list price level.
Also, consider Subscription-Licenses. It will give you all the System licenses and even Server Edition if you want to install virtual. Just need the amount of Tele- or UC-users.
Get help from a business partner.

@Albus2 >> You rock! Subscription license was a feature that was always in my imagination. If only i knew that before. Signing up with one Avaya Partner in Brazil is what is on my mind. Id love to use SIP firmware with the My Presence feature available :)))

I don't think VCM32 V1 are compatible with V11.1 they have to be VMC32 V2?

I had a few installed that the VCM V1 needed replacing with VCM V2 for the phone to register to the system.

I can't find any documentation if this is correct or not?

Does anyone know officially?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back