Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

# of drives tested and supported

Status
Not open for further replies.

galmi07

Technical User
Jun 7, 2001
US
This question comes on the heel of a previous question concerning the # of drives that can be locally attached to a TSM Server and how many can be written to simultaneously. A better question would be how many drives have been tested and what is currently supported?

Hi,
I don't know what is the maximum. But I think you will not reach them. I have an installation with IBM 3494 having 12 IBM 3590 drives.

The only limitation I know is the Hardware or Oparating System Limitation.

Cheers _______________________________________
greetings
AIXspecial

I'm not aware of any limit as far as # of drives are concerned. Certainly i've heard of HUGE implementations with a lot more drives then even the above post specifies. You are far more likely to have bandwidth problems and machine limitations then any hard coded TSM limit on number of drives. But if you truly want an answer to that question I'd suggest contacting IBM support for a direct answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back