Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OEM Vs. compatible laserjet toner

Status
Not open for further replies.

figarojones

Technical User
Apr 22, 2008
US
I just purchased a HP 2605dtn laserjet from someone who didn't include the ink. In looking around, it seems that compatible and refurbed ink is half as much. While I've found a couple tips for judging refurbed, how does a "compatible" cart compare to an oem? Is it just a gamble? Are there any reliable sources, or will I be just as lucky with Ebay?

Thanks ahead of time.

I'm using a compatible cartridge in my LaserJet 2300DN.

The cartridge itself looks identical and there's no discernible difference on the final printed page

There are series of warnings at boot-up and the amount of toner used/remaining fails to show. It will of course invalidate any warranty with HP, but if the printer's more than couple of years old, then that probably doesn't matter much.

I'm afraid I can't remember right now from where I bought it, but it was from a discount on-line supplier.

Liverpool: Capital of Culture 2008
Anfield: Capital of Football since 1892
Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

There is a big difference in B/W toner, and color toners.
3rd party color toner will no doubt leak, and cause bad print quality. This issue is contemptable because of those who sell kits, and remand's that are sub-standard.
For some it is ok. But for color, stick with OEMS!

"Impatience will reward you with dissatisfaction" RMS Cosmics'97

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back