Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

oem p4 processors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ice78991

Programmer
Nov 20, 2006
I recently bought an oem p4 processor and was surprised to find it sent to me in a small box with padding - I was expecting it to be in an antistatic bag. Can p4 processors be damaged by static on your hands or are they robust enough to be used with confidence even as oems ? In short, should I keep the processor or get a refund?

I wouldn't think that you would have a problem. You would be unlucky if static caused damage. Obviously static can cause damage, but I have had processors delivered like this & had no problems. One thing you need to watch is that the pins are not bent. If so, send it back.

Oem usually send processors that way. Its best to get them reatail for better warranty and better packaging.

There is a point in wisdom and knowledge that when you reach it, you exceed what is considered possible - Jason Schoon

If the processors pins were pressed into a black foam pad, the pad is anti-static and you should be fine.

If it is not, you will still probably be fine. But, I would wonder how the part has been handled and be reluctant to do business with that company again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back