Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OE6 some messages won't delete

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandwedger

Technical User
Apr 30, 2001
US
XP media center, OE6, has worked fine for almost two years until a week or so ago I noticed some messages will not delete from the inbox. The Microsoft site doesn't seem to have any info on this phenomenon, but I see other users having the same problem on a Google search. No solutions have been offered so far. Anybody know what's up with this?

Are you sure it's "some" messages that won't delete and not "any/all"?

If you can't delete any messages, this is usually becuase your deleted items.dbx file has been damged. With OE closed, search for *.dbx and delete the the 'deleteted items.dbx' file from the seach results. (PS remember to include hidden & system files in your search).

Absolutely! It's about one in twenty that will not delete.

As odd as that is, I'd still try deleting your 'deleted items.dbx' as a first step.

If I were you, I would move away from Outlook Express. It can get corrupted or do screwy things at ANY time. One day it was working just fine, the next day, all your e-mail is corrupt.

Unless you get a backup of the entire OE mail store folder on a regular basis (assuming you have important e-mail in there), I would look at something like Mozilla Thunderbird or Windows Live Mail clients instead of OE.

I'm telling you - it will stab you in the back when you least expect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back