Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OE6 not starting in Windows 98

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario51t

Technical User
Dec 10, 2003
US
Overseas for my dad's 90th bd, I'm trying to get his email working. It's been dead since I've upgraded to IE6/OE6 last May. His PC is old, Windows 98 (NOT 98SE), Italian version. OE will not start, complains of missing or misconfigured components, points to possible bad installation, mentions inability to initialize MSOE.DLL (the actual file is in the right place and appears uncorrupted). Meanwhile, IE and the companion address book app (wab.exe) work just fine.

I've removed OE and reinstalled it from a fresh download. Same story. I've checked the registry, everything seems in its place (but admittedly I'm not an expert on it). I've seen those one-size-fits-all PC fixers but have not used them yet. And I have to leave in a couple of days for another year. I'd reinstall W98 if I could find the CD. Heck, I'd buy him another PC if I had the money.

Any help highly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back