Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OE6 cannot delete emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandwedger

Technical User
Apr 30, 2001
US
This started out slowly, with just a few emails not being deletable. I tried deleting inbox.dbx, restarting Outlook Express, and the problem persisted anyway. Now it's so bad that I can't delete ANY emails, period. I'm thinking of transferring everything over to Outlook (2003) to see if I can deal with this mess there. Virus scan clean, disk check done three times, no joy. Any clues?

Try deleting (with outlook express closed) FOLDERS.DBX and then firing it up. I think you tried the right fix with the wrong folder. See the following for more info and reading BEFORE you do that.

Your specific problem - start where the heading says: FOLDERS.DBX

General troubleshooting

Compact your message store once you get it functioning if you haven't done that in a while or OE didn't try to do it for you.

You should back up your OE DBX files often. Corruption of OE is always lurking right around the corner if you're not really careful and keep your database files nice and small and compacted. It can be a very treacherous way to store email.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back