Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OE Sends mail over and over. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

carwee

Vendor
Jul 11, 2003
US
When I compose a new message in Outlook Express and send it, it will send just fine. The problem is, it keeps a copy of the sent message in the outbox and everytime I send/receive mail, it sends another copy of that message! The worst part is, OE won't let me delete any messages out of the outbox.

Can somebody please help!

Thanks in advance.

All I can suggest is for you to create a new indentity (not account) within OE by going to 'file' 'identities'. Once your new profile is made, OE will create a new folder in Windows where all your items are saved.
Eg: C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\xxx\Microsoft\Outlook Express\*.dbx

Exit OE and copy the all the contents from the old folder to the new one. !! EXCLUDE OUTBOX.DBX and SENT ITEMS.DBX !!

Now use the new indentity you've created. Only downside of this is that you will lose everything that was in you Sent Items folder. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back